16 Benefits of Honey and Cinnamon: The Magic Mixture
Like us →
Honey and Cinnamon mixture has many benefits and can cure most of the diseases. Honey is produced in most of the countries of the world. Honey has been used as a vital medicine for centuries. Scientists of today also accept honey as a very effective medicine for all kinds of diseases. Honey can be used without any side effects for any kind of diseases. Today’s science says that even though honey is sweet, if taken in the right dosage as a medicine, it does not harm diabetic patients also. Here we present a list of diseases that can be cured by Honey and Cinnamon as researched by western scientists.
Advantages of Cinnamon And Honey
How to use Cinnamon & Honey for Acne?
Follow the below steps on a daily basis for two weeks:
1. Take three tablespoons of honey and one teaspoon of cinnamon powder paste.
2. Apply this paste on the pimples before sleeping and wash it next morning with warm water.
Another way to treat pimples and acnes with honey and Cinnamon are by making a healthy skin mask.
Making of Healthy Skin Mask:
1. Mix 2 teaspoons of fresh lemon juice with 2 teaspoons of raw honey.
2. Take a hot shower and cleanse your face as you typically do, while letting the steam from the shower open up your pores. When you’re done showering and drying yourself off.
3. Apply the honey and lemon mixture on your clean skin, as you would any mask. Leave the mask on for 20 minutes. Rinse the mixture off with warm water.
4. Splash a bit of cold water on your clean face to close up those pores. This is a good mask to use about once a week.
Cinnamon and Honey for Skin Infections
Eczema, ringworm and all types of skin infections are cured by applying Cinnamon and honey powder in equal parts on the affected parts.
Here is another way to do it. Follow these steps:
- Take a shower or wash the affected skin with warm water and an antibacterial soap.
- Pat your skin dry with a clean towel after cleaning your skin. Now, add 3 tablespoons of honey and 2 tablespoons of cinnamon powder in a clean bowl.
- Stir the mixture with a spoon until it turns into a paste.
- Add more cinnamon powder if you want a thicker mixture.
- Scoop a generous amount of the honey-cinnamon mixture with your fingers and apply it directly to the irritated skin areas.
- Gently massage the mixture into your skin in a circular motion until it dries. Leave the mixture on your skin for five minutes.
- Wash your skin with water and soap to remove the sticky mixture.
Cinnamon and honey for Weight Loss
Daily in the morning, 30 minutes before breakfast on an empty stomach and at night before sleeping, drink Cinnamon and honey powder boiled in one cup water. If taken regularly it reduces the weight of even the most obese person. Also drinking of this mixture regularly does not allow the fat to accumulate in the body even though the person may eat a high calorie diet.
Helps in Curing Arthritis
Instructions for honey and cinnamon cure for arthritis are as follows:
- Take one-part honey to two parts of lukewarm water and add a small teaspoon of cinnamon powder to it.
- Make a paste and massage it on the itching part of the body slowly.
- You will notice that the pain recedes within a minute or two.
Another way of benefiting from honey and cinnamon mixure is given below:
- Arthritis patients may daily, morning and night take one cup of hot water with two spoons of honey and one small teaspoon of cinnamon powder.
- Drink regularly for complete relief from arthritis pain.
- This can also be used for chronic arthritis relief.
In a recent research done at the Copenhagen University, it was found that when the doctors treated their patients with a mixture of one tablespoon Honey and half teaspoon cinnamon powder before breakfast, they found that within a week out of the 200 people so treated practically 73 patients were totally relieved of pain and within a month, mostly all the patients who could not walk or move around because of arthritis started walking without pain.
Prevents Hair Loss and helps regrowth
Those suffering from hair loss or baldness, may apply a paste of hot olive oil, one tablespoon of honey, and one teaspoon of cinnamon powder before bath and keep it for approximately 15 min. and then wash your hair.
Helps to cure Bladder Infections
Honey and Cinnamon mixture is known to cure bladder infections. You may follow the given steps:
- Take two tablespoons of cinnamon powder and one teaspoon of honey in a glass of lukewarm water and drink it. It destroys the germs of the bladder.
- You can also simply drink 2-3 litres of the above mentioned solution every day, and go to the bathroom as often as you need to – don’t hold it in. But avoid drinking alcohol, coffee or citrus juices (orange, lemon, lime, grapefruit), as they can irritate the bladder.
Helps in relieving Toothache
There are several other home remedies for toothache but honey and cinnamon mixture can also be used if you have them at home. The instructions for relieving toothache are as follows:
- Break up 1/2 inch of cinnamon quill and powder it in a coffee grinder, if you purchased whole cinnamon. You can also use cinnamon powder.
- Measure out 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder and 5 teaspoons of honey into a small bowl.
- Mix the cinnamon & honey together thoroughly.
- Apply a small amount of the cinnamon-honey mixture directly to your tooth.
- You can apply it with a clean fingertip, a cotton ball or a small, folded piece of gauze.
- Continue to apply a small amount to the aching tooth 2 or 3 times per day until the pain is relieved. You can also store the remaining cinnamon honey in an airtight jar with a tight-fitting lid.
Helps to Control Cholesterol
Both Cinnamon and honey appear to reduce high cholesterol levels. Study observed that taking honey improved cholesterol profiles and helped regulate blood-sugar levels in diabetics with high cholesterol. Effective results can be obtained by following the below steps:
- Mix two tablespoons of honey and three teaspoons of Cinnamon Powder in 16 ounces of tea water.
- Drink it to reduce the level of cholesterol in the blood by 10% within 2 hours.
- As mentioned for arthritic patients, if taken 3 times a day any chronic cholesterol is cured.
- As per the information received in the said journal, pure honey taken with food daily relieves complains of cholesterol.
Honey and cinnamon for Cold and Cough
Those suffering from common or severe colds should take one tablespoon lukewarm honey with 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon powder daily for 3 days. This process will cure most chronic cough, cold and clear the sinuses.
A lot of people might not understand how it works but anti-bacterial, anti-viral, and anti-microbial properties on honey is largely important in this case. On the other hand, cinnamon is also beneficial for cold and cough because as it contains anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial, and antioxidant properties as well.
Infertility in Woman
Since ancient times, it is commonly known, that the use of honey strengthens the semen of men. If impotent men regularly take two tablespoon of honey before sleeping, their problem will be solved. In China, Japan and Far-East countries, women who do not conceive and to strengthen the uterus have been taking cinnamon powder for centuries. Women who cannot conceive would take a pinch of cinnamon powder in half teaspoon of honey and apply it on the gums frequently throughout the day, so that it slowly mixes with the saliva and enters the body.
Polycstic Ovary syndrome can be cured by using cinnamon daily which will help jump start a women period/cycle which can promote fertility.
Note: Once pregnant you should not take cinnamon because it stimulates premature labor and uterine contractions.
Effectively Treats Upset Stomach
Honey taken with cinnamon powder cures stomach ache and also clears stomach ulcers from the root. There are several ways of using Cinnamon to treat upset stomach. Here are few ways to take cinnamon.
Cinnamon Stick Tea With Honey
The most effective way to treat upset stomach is as follows:
- Simply, boil Cinnamon sticks (Ceylon Cinnamon, which has ultra-low Coumarin levels and will not damage your liver unlike Cassia Cinnamon) and add some honey to it.
- This mixture creates a hydrogen peroxide effect and brings all the viruses to the surface of the stomach and are killed by Cinnamon.
Cinnamon Powder Tea with Honey
Follow the given steps for faster results:
- Boil 1.5 cups of water and add 1 teaspoon of Cinnamon powder to it.
- Boil this mixture for 5 minutes, and strain it with a cheese cloth or fine strainer to get rid of the Cinnamon powder residue mix.
- Add a teaspoon of honey and drink it.
Get Relief from Gastric Problems
According to the studies done in India & Japan, it is revealed that if honey is taken with cinnamon powder the stomach is relieved of gas.
Baking soda and lemon when combined makes an effective antacid, which can be conventionally used to treat stomach gas. Simply, put the juice of a fresh lemon in a glass and add some baking soda to it. As it starts fizzing, add some more baking soda and a cup of water and stir it well so the baking soda dissolves completely. Drink this slowly.
Prevents Heart Diseases
Make a paste of honey and cinnamon powder, apply on bread instead of jelly and jam and eat it regularly for breakfast. It reduces the cholesterol in the arteries and saves the patient from heart attack. Also those who have already had an attack, if they do this process daily, are kept miles away from the next attack. Regular use of the above process relieves loss of breath and strengthens the heartbeat.
You can also drink cinnamon tea with a teaspoon of honey every day, half an hour before breakfast. To make cinnamon tea, steep some un-flavored green tea and add a pinch of freshly ground cinnamon powder to it. Strain the tea and drink it while hot.
Strengths the Immune System
Daily use of honey and cinnamon powder in your diet strengthens the immune system and protects the body from bacterial and viral attacks. Scientists have found that honey has various vitamins and iron in large amounts. Constant use of honey strengthens the white blood corpuscles to fight bacterial and viral diseases.
How to use:
- Mix ¼ teaspoon cinnamon powder with 1 tablespoon honey.
- This mixture may help boost the immune system and protect the body from viral, bacterial and fungal diseases. Drink it on a daily basis.
- Also, 500mg of cinnamon supplements twice daily for 90 days could improve hemoglobin A1C levels in those with type-2 diabetes.
Helps in digestion Indigestion
Cinnamon powder sprinkled on two tablespoons of honey taken before food, relieves acidity and digests the heaviest of meals. One of the research found that cinnamon, when combined in tea form, can help indigestion, quelling flatulence and inhibiting bloating and abdominal pain.
To prepare this tea, add 2 tsp. of cinnamon powder and 1 tsp. of honey to boiling water.
It has been proved that honey contains a natural ingredient, which kills the influenza germs and saves the patient from flu. Longevity Tea made with honey and cinnamon powder, when taken regularly arrests the ravages of old age.
- Take 4 spoons of honey, 1 spoon of cinnamon powder and 3 cups of water and boil to make like tea.
- Drink 1/4 cup, 3 to 4 times a day.
- It keeps the skin fresh and soft and arrests old age.
- It helps in increasing the life span.
Prevents Bad Breath
People of South America, first thing in the morning gargle with one teaspoon of Cinnamon and honey powder mixed in hot water. So their breath stays fresh throughout the day.
Here is another way to get rid of bad breath using cinnamon & honey. This heavier method is as follows:
- First, put ½ tablespoon of cinnamon into a bottle or jar with a tight fitting lid.
- Add the juice of 2 lemons along with 1 ½ teaspoons of honey.
- You can also add 1/2-1 teaspoon of baking soda and omit the honey, or use both.
- Pour 1 cup of very warm water (needed to melt the honey) into the jar, and stir well.
- When you need to freshen up your breath, give it a quick shake and swish/gargle 1-2 tablespoons for 1 minute.
Like us →